A FLELE is a little character that sits on your desktop and sings for you! It's not the most in-depth or fancy MP3 player, but it's certainly the cutest, haha. You can customize FLELE with lots of different characters (called Shells), but here's a Jockey one! She has lots of cute little dress-up items you can decorate her with, haha.
Without getting too into the details of it, FLELE runs using a free program called SSP. There are a few different tutorials on how to install SSP+FLELE, but basically...
- Go to this site and download the zip under the Miku picture.
___(For more savvy Ghost/Ukagaka users who already have SSP installed, you can pick up the vanilla FLELE.nar here and drag and drop that onto your current ghost to install it)
- Unzip the ssp_flele_miku.zip into a folder on your computer somewhere, you can call it whatever you like or keep it as ssp_flele_miku, it doesn't particularly matter.
- Inside the folder, there'll be a number of folders and an .exe with a little bell icon. Double click it and a Miku should pop up on your desktop! Or a general little chibi if you got the vanilla FLELE above.
- Take the Jockey zip (don't unzip it) and drag it onto Miku's face. It should automatically install her and switch to her. If it doesn't, you can right click Miku and go to "Shell" in the menu, then select Jockey and she'll change over to her.
- Once Jockey's there, you can drag a music file (FLELE will play mp3, mid, and wav files, but not ogg or m4a, as far as I'm aware. Also it doesn't like weird characters in the filename, so try to make it as vanilla as possible) onto her face to add it to a playlist. It'll pop up a little balloon that should have a play/close option on it, select play and she should start up. You can also double-click her face to start her, or her ear to stop her.
- FLELE has trouble playing music files at times, so if she refuses to play a song, you can hit Ctrl-T to bring up a little menu, then select 25 (Singing) from it to get the animation to run and just... pretend she's actually playing it herself cough. This can be handy if you like your normal mp3 player more, or if you want to listen to songs that FLELE can't play like .ogg or .m4a files.
You can double-click certain parts of her to make her do different things. Her buttons are...
Face - Play
Right Ear - Stop
Right Arm - Menu
Braidpoof - Mini-player (a little tiny window showing what you have playing)
Shoes - Clear playlist
You can also move your cursor back and forth over her head (don't click) to pet her!
You may have noticed that the menus in FLELE are in Japanese, but I translated them into English! You'll have to patch FLELE yourself with the translation, but it's not too hard! Here are the steps:
- Go to where SSP installed on your computer, and go to the ghost/flele_aya/ghost/master directory. There should be some files like 0.dic, 1.dic, and sec.ayc in there.
- Download this zip file. It should have 1.dic and a readme in it.
- Replace the 1.dic in your ghost/flele_aya/ghost/master directory with the 1.dic in the zip file.
- Restart SSP. Now FLELE's menus are in English!
This specialized 1.dic file has unique dialogue for Jockey and Gordon when they're the FLELE shells! You may notice if you have a lot of other shells.
As one last note, if you right-click Jockey and the big menu is in Japanese, go to choose language (fourth up from the bottom), then go to English, then restart SSP. It might make things easier for you if you get into any further ghost shenanigans, haha.
If you're interested in SSP and little desktop doodads like these, I wrote up a big site about them with a ton of information. FLELE is a ghost/ukagaka, but it's only one type of ghost that's set up to be a music player. There are many different kinds of ghosts that can do lots of different things! For more information, you should check out the pages I've made for the ghosts I've done - Hunter and Smoker, Gaster, Temmie, and Radic and Farns. There's also a webring for ghosts!
Here's a video of me playing with her to get an idea of how it works..